- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Cake Recipe
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Castor sugar||6 Ounce|
|Margarine||6 Ounce (Luxury Variety)|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Desiccated coconut||2 Ounce|
Calories 784 Calories from Fat 421
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.6%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160.1 mg
Sodium 738.9 mg30.8%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.8%
Sugars 44.8 g
Protein 10 g21%
Vitamin A 34.4% Vitamin C 0.43%
Calcium 24.1% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Chop up the margarine in a mixing bowl.
3. Sieve in the dry ingredients.
4. Add the sugar, eggs, essence or flavouring and the milk.
5. Beat well for 1 minute until evenly mixed, adding another spoonful of milk if necessary to make a dropping consistency.
6. Spread the mixture into the two tins.
7. Bake in a moderately hot oven (375°F -Gas Mark 5) on the third shelf from the top until firm, then turn on to a wire tray to cool.
8. When cold, sandwich together with butter cream, and ice and decorate as liked.