- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Bavarian Cream Recipe
|Coffee cream||1 Pint|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond flavor||1 Teaspoon|
|Shredded coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Pint, whipped until stiff|
|Brown sugar||1 Pound|
|Coffee cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1242 Calories from Fat 679
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g117.9%
Saturated Fat 51.5 g257.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 317.7 mg
Sodium 140.7 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 125 g41.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 117.8 g
Protein 9 g18.4%
Vitamin A 18.4% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 19.8% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak gelatin in ¼ cup of cold water until softened.
2. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the coffee cream until it reaches a boil.
3. Take pan off the heat and transfer to a large mixing bowl with sugar.
4. Add the softened gelatin and stir for 5-6 minutes until the sugar and gelatin have dissolved completely in the cream.
5. Allow the cream to cool to room temperature, stirring every 7-8 minutes to keep the gelatin well distributed and prevent lumping.
6. When cool, add the salt, almond essence and stir.
7. Fold in the coconut and whipped cream into the cream mixture.
8. Pour into a ring mold or Bavarian mold and place in the refrigerator or chiller to set and chill until ready to serve.
9. To make the caramel sauce, in a small heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the butter and sugar.
10. Blend the egg yolks, cream and salt together and add.
11. Cook sauce over a very low flame or over a double boiler, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
12. When thick and smooth take off the heat and cool slightly before stirring in the vanilla.
13. Unmold the pudding by dipping the mold in a hot water bath for 10 seconds. Place a serving platter on top of mold and invert mold platter together in once quick action. Give a sharp tap.
14. Drizzle caramel sauce over the Bavarian and pass the sauce in a sauceboat as well.