- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut and Mint Chutney Recipe
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1423 Calories from Fat 1115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 133 g204.9%
Saturated Fat 117.9 g589.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 83.6 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 39.1 g156.4%
Sugars 24.7 g
Protein 14 g28.4%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 100.5%
Calcium 11% Iron 58.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Bake the coconut for about 15 minutes.
3) Keep the hot coconut on concrete or any another hard surface and smash it open with a hammer.
4) When the coconut pieces are cool enough, remove the brown papery skin and the white meat using a potato peeler.
5) Chop any large pieces, if needed, into smaller ones.
6) In a food processor or blender, put the coconut and the rest of the ingredients in batches and with a little extra water if needed, and blend the mixture to a paste.
7) Serve the chutney, it tastes best when fresh.
8) It can be stored, well covered, in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
9) Serve with main dish of your choice.