- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut And Cherry Surprise Recipe
|Pie pastry||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground almonds||10 Tablespoon|
|Canned cherry pie filling||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Coconut||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), shredded|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Self raising flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), shredded|
|Coconut||3 Tablespoon, shredded|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3686 Calories from Fat 1838
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 209 g321.4%
Saturated Fat 112.3 g561.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 593.6 mg
Sodium 2072.3 mg86.3%
Total Carbohydrates 420 g140.2%
Dietary Fiber 21.2 g84.9%
Sugars 100.3 g
Protein 39 g77.4%
Vitamin A 73.5% Vitamin C 34.1%
Calcium 41.4% Iron 61.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Roll out the pastry dough and grease a 10 inch springform pan with the dough.
2) Preheat the oven to 400°.
3) Over the pastry dough, sprinkle ground almonds.
4) Spread pie filling to within 1 inch of edge, then cover with coconut.
5) Make filling by creaming butter with sugar till pale and fluffy.
6) Add eggs, almond extract and 1 tbsp milk and beat well.
7) Fold in flour, followed by remaining milk, coconut and almonds.
8) Place mixture in blobs over pie filling and smooth evenly so no fruit is visible.
9) Sprinkle with coconut and bake for 30 minutes.
10) Mix egg yolk and milk together.
11) Brush over tart and bake for a further 10 minutes.
12) Serve the dessert hot.