- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cocoa Waffles Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), unsifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk/Sour milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2053 Calories from Fat 779
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g137.1%
Saturated Fat 43.8 g219.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 543.9 mg
Sodium 1827.3 mg76.1%
Total Carbohydrates 321 g107.1%
Dietary Fiber 43.2 g172.8%
Sugars 153.7 g
Protein 54 g108.1%
Vitamin A 37.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 24.1% Iron 135%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium dry bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
2. Preheat the waffle iron to medium.
3. In a large bowl, combine melted butter or margarine, oil, cocoa and sugar.
4. Beat with a wire whisk or electric beater.
5. Add eggs and vanilla and continue beating until thick and well blended.
6. While whisking constantly but lightly, fold in the dry ingredients, alternately adding buttermilk or sour milk to adjust the consistency.
7. Once the batter is smooth keep aside and let stand. You can make the batter the previous night if you like.
8. To a clean dry bowl, add the egg whites.
9. Use a ladle or a measure cup to pour 2/3 cup batter in the center of the preheated waffle iron.
10. Spread batter evenly on the grid, Â½ inch from the edge of the iron, using the back of a spoon.
11. Close iron lid and bake the waffle until crisp. This can take about 3 to 4 minutes.
12. Remove onto a serving plate and repeat to make remaining waffles.
13. Serve waffles immediately, as they are being made, with your favorite toppings.