- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cocoa Thumbprint Cookies Recipe Video
|For the dry ingredients|
|White whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|For the wet ingredients|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
|Egg white||1 Large|
|For the cookie filling|
|Candies/Jam or nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (mini choclate candies)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 103 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.9%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.3 mg4.8%
Sodium 58.2 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 4 g7.2%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.5% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients of white whole wheat flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
3. Add in the wet ingredients such as butter, egg and egg white. Mix until well combined into a cookie dough.
4. Using a mini ice cream scoop, scoop out the dough mixture into one hand and roll it into a ball. Take this mini ball and roll into a bowl of sugar, then into a bowl of powdered sugar for dusting.
5. Then using the thumb, press gently in the centre of the ball, making a well and place it neatly on the parchment lined cookie sheet about. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the rest of the cocoa thumprint cookies and place them on the parchment line baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
6. Once done, place some mini chocolate candies in the center of the cookies and bake them in the preheated oven for 10 minutes at 325 degrees F.
7. Once done, remove the cookie sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool before serving.
8. Serve these cocoa thumbprint cookies with warm milk or tea.