- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cocoa Rum Warmed Recipe
|Skim milk/Nonfat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Evaporated skimmed milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark rum||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa||2 Teaspoon|
|Instant coffee powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Frozen dairy whipped topping||2 Tablespoon, thawed|
Calories 213 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.9 mg
Sodium 152.1 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 20.8 g
Protein 10 g19.6%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 33.4% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Use a 1-quart saucepan to add milks and rum.
2) Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook the mixture for 3 minutes.
3) Add cocoa, coffee, sugar, and cinnamon and continue cooking by stirring, until cocoa and sugar are dissolved and mixture is properly heated for about 1 minute. Be careful not to boil the mixture.
4) Use two 8-ounce mugs to pour the milk mixture evenly.
5) Top the mugs with 1 tablespoon whipped topping.
6) Serve the drinks at once.