- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cocoa Layer Cake Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Self rising flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coffee extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Half and half||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2290 Calories from Fat 1268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 144 g221.9%
Saturated Fat 88 g439.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 769.1 mg
Sodium 2092.3 mg87.2%
Total Carbohydrates 241 g80.2%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.8%
Sugars 130.3 g
Protein 29 g57.2%
Vitamin A 90% Vitamin C 0.22%
Calcium 39.6% Iron 56.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a straight-sided 8-inch layer cake pan, butter it, and line with paper, cutting the band of paper to come 1/2 inch above the rim.
2. Butter the paper lining.
3. In a small bowl or cup, blend the cocoa with enough cold water to make a paste.
4. Pre-heat oven to 350 degree Fahreheit.
5. In a small bowl, beat the eggs and keep aside.
6. In a large bowl, beat the butter until soft, add the sugar, and cream the mixture until light and fluffy.
7. Add the beaten eggs into the mixture, a little at a time, and beat them in thr mixture.
8. Take the cocoa paste and lightly beat this into the creamed mixture, alternating with the sifted flour and salt.
9. Take the greased cake pan, turn the cake mixture into the prepared pan and level the surface.
10. Bake in the center of the pre-heated oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes or until the cake is well risen and spongy to touch.
11. To make the filling, take another bowl and beat the butter until soft and creamy.
12. Sift the confectioners' sugar and beat it in, a little at a time.
13. Mix in the coffee extract and half-and-half into the paste.
14. Once the cake is done, turn it onto a wire rack and remove the lining paper.
15. Cool the cake and cut it in half horizontally.
16. Spread the bottom half with the filling; place the top over it and lightly press the two halves together.
17. Dust the top with sifted sugar.
18. Using the back of a knife blade, draw a lattice pattern across the sugar to make it look pretty.
19. Cut into slices and serve with coffee.