- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cocoa Kisses Recipe
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
Calories 474 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 341.4 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 52.5 g
Protein 22 g44.2%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 0.45%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 250° F before baking.
2) Beat egg whites until they reach soft moist peak stage and slowly beat in sugar and salt.
3) Beating should be continued until mixture becomes thick and glossy and egg whites reach a peak stage.
4) Mix in vanilla, cocoa, and pecans to form a firm mixture.
5) Take buttered cookie sheets and drop the mixture from teaspoon onto it.
6) Bake for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven until kisses are somewhat dry and maintain their shape.
7) Remove the hot kisses from the pan and allow cooling on wire racks.
8) If desired, top with cherry and serve.