- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cocoa Drop Cookies Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (and walnuts)|
Calories 1901 Calories from Fat 950
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g169.8%
Saturated Fat 22.6 g113%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 878.6 mg36.6%
Total Carbohydrates 231 g77.1%
Dietary Fiber 29.1 g116.4%
Sugars 104.3 g
Protein 35 g70.4%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 86.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 400°.
2) In a bowl, add shortening to cream.
3) Slowly beat in sugar to make a light and fluffy mixture.
4) Add egg to this and whisk thoroughly.
5) Pour in buttermilk and vanilla extract to the egg mixture.
6) In a separate bowl, add flour, soda, salt and cocoa to combine properly.
7) Add the dry mixture to creamed mixture and beat well.
8) Fold in pecans.
9) Place the dough inside refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
10) Use greased cookie sheets to drop the dough in 1 teaspoon by keeping 2 inches place between each other.
11) Place the cookies sheets inside the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
12) Serve hot.