- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cocktail Fish Ball Hot Or Cold Recipe
|Cooked fish/Canned||1 Pound|
|Mashed potato||1⁄4 Pound, cooked or made up from packet (Stiff)|
|Dried bread crumbs/Melba toast crumbs||9 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2005 Calories from Fat 699
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g120.9%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g66%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 658.8 mg
Sodium 1924.9 mg80.2%
Total Carbohydrates 192 g64.1%
Dietary Fiber 16 g64.1%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 131 g262%
Vitamin A 20.4% Vitamin C 74.5%
Calcium 35.9% Iron 65.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Flake the flesh.
3. Mash out any lumps in the potato.
4. Separate the yolk and white of 1 egg.
5. Combine thoroughly fish, potato, egg yolk, seasonings and tomato paste (if used). The mixture should be stiff enough to mold; add extra potato or a tablespoon of flour if needed.
6. Roll mixture into small balls.
7. Beat remaining egg and egg white until liquid.
8. Dip in the fishballs, then roll them in crumbs.
9. Allow to stand for 1 hour.
10. Heat oil in a deep pan, and fry fishballs, a few at a time, until surface is crisp and brown.
11. Scoop out with a slotted spoon and drain on soft kitchen paper.
12. Serve hot or cold on cocktail picks.