- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cockles "A How-To Guide" Recipe Video
|For steamed cockles with greek yogurt and capers|
|Chopped dill||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime||1⁄2 , zest grated and juiced|
|Cockles||1 Kilogram, cleaned|
|Greek yogurt||5 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 215 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.8%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.04%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 70.9 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.31 g1.2%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 36 g71.9%
Vitamin A 12.2% Vitamin C 16.7%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 227.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Check if they are alive and safe to eat.
3. Put them in a large saucepan with water and a splash of lemon juice and white wine vinegar.
4. Put the lid on and boil for a couple of minutes.
5. They will open up when they are done. Just drop them straight out of the shell.
6. Serve with Greek yogurt and capers dip.
For more information please visit: http://shellfish.org.uk/