- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Clock Salad Recipe
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||5 Gram, minced (1 Dessert Spoon)|
|Cream cheese||125 Gram|
|Pink coloring||2 Drop|
Calories 616 Calories from Fat 375
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.5%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 416.6 mg
Sodium 454.2 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.6%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 18 g36.2%
Vitamin A 46.7% Vitamin C 100%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Drain and dice.
3. When quite cold mix with mayonnaise, parsley, onion, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spread over base of a large platter raising slightly towards centre.
5. Smooth surface with a knife-blade.
6. Cut strip of skin from cucumber and fashion hands of clock.
7. Score rest of unpeeled cucumber cut into thin slices and arrange around edge of platter.
8. Shell eggs, cut into halves lengthwise and arrange around platter in same position as numbers on a clock.
9. Place tomato wedges between egg halves, giving scalloped edge to platter.
10. Soften cream cheese with a little milk, beat with wooden spoon until soft and smooth. Colour pink.
11. Pipe cream cheese onto eggs in form of figure. Arrange cucumber hands in position.
12. Chill before serving. Extra salad ingredients such as lettuce, cress, radish, pineapple wedges etc. may be served in a separate bowl.