- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Moist Meatloaf Recipe Video
|80% lean ground chuck||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Plain bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried italian herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||To Taste|
Calories 960 Calories from Fat 640
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.8%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.4 mg18.8%
Sodium 1415.6 mg59%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 14.7 g
Protein 54 g108.3%
Vitamin A 68.4% Vitamin C 42.5%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Use an electric blender to blend and puree the chopped vegetables.
2) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
3) Mix together the meat, blended vegetables. egg. Worcestershire sauce, dried herbs and the spices. Mix well for about 1 minute.
4) Add the bread crumbs and mix them in gently with your fingertips. This will take about 1 minute more. Ensure that there is no over-mixing. Form the mixture into a ball.
5) Let the mixture rest for about 10 minutes.
6) In a baking dish, put some olive oil.
7) Put in the ball of meat and form it into a loaf. A loaf that is 4 inches high and 6 inches across is good enough and will cook properly.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
9) In the meantime make the glaze. Mix together the brown sugar, ketchup, mustard and hot sauce.
10) Remove the meatloaf from the oven and put the glaze on top of the meatloaf.
11) Return the meatloaf to the oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes.
12) Slice the meatloaf as preferred and serve while it is still hot. Cooked peas and mashed potatoes make good accompaniments.