- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bengali Mama Ep. 4 Zuppa Toscana, Hello Fall! Recipe Video
|Italian sausage||1 Pound|
|Crushed red pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||16 Ounce|
|Purple onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, mince|
|Russet potatoes||2 Large, halved|
|Bacon bits||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Kale||2 Cup (32 tbs), chop|
|Heavy whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Quart (Optional)|
Calories 501 Calories from Fat 352
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60%
Saturated Fat 18.6 g93.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.5 mg
Sodium 1033.7 mg43.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 20 g39.6%
Vitamin A 86.6% Vitamin C 56.4%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needstock pot
1. Chop the onions, mince the garlic and cut the russet potatoes in half.
2. Rinse and roughly chop the kale leaves, and keep it aside.
3. In a pan brown the Italian sausage add crushed red pepper, brown the sausage completely.
4. In a large soup pot, add the chicken broth and add the onion and garlic, let it sweat for few minutes.
5. Add the browned sausages, stir and add the potatoes and bacon, simmer on medium for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and cooked.
6. Finally add the kale towards the end and add the cream, stir everything together simmer for few more minutes.
7. Serve the zuppa Toscana hot along with a slice of Italian bread.