- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Vegetable Soup Recipe Video
|Crimini mushroom||3 Large, sliced|
|Carrot||2 Medium, peeled and cut into chunks|
|Zucchini||1 Large, cut into chunks|
|Turnips||2 Small, cut into chunks|
|Celery stalk||1 , cut into chunks|
|Leek||1 , cut into chunks|
|White onion||1 , cut into chunks|
|Garlic clove||1 , peeled|
|Green beans||5 Ounce, cut into chunks|
|Potato||2 , cut into chunks|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||2|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.68 g1%
Saturated Fat 0.13 g0.63%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 178.8 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 7 g13.9%
Vitamin A 129.5% Vitamin C 82.7%
Calcium 11% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a soup pot,place all ingredients and cover with water(4 cups).
2. Allow to boil, reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until all vegetables are cooked, about 60 minutes.
3. Discard bay leaf and thyme.
4. Process soup in a blender, food mill or leave chunky. Add more water for desired consistency.Season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve hot with your choice of bread.