- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Chili Recipe Video
|Green bell pepper||1 , diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Onions||2 Large, diced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Canned chicken stock||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Canned tomato paste||1⁄2 Can (5 oz)|
|Canned tomato puree||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Canned kidney beans.||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained and rinsed|
|Leftover turkey||2 Pound, pulled|
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.4%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88.4 mg
Sodium 301 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 38 g76.5%
Vitamin A 33.3% Vitamin C 48.6%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 26.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet add in the extra virgin olive oil , bell pepper, garlic, and onion. Sauté for few minutes.
2. Season with chili powder, ground cumin, oregano and ground cinnamon.
3. Add chicken stock, tomato paste and pureed tomatoes. Cook covered for 15 minutes.
4. Add in the turkey and beans to the sauce and cover loosely. Simmer the chili for 45 minutes to 1 hour on low heat.
5. Serve Turkey Chili with garlic bread.