- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tiramisu Recipe Video
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mascarpone cheese||8 Ounce|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dark rum||2 Tablespoon|
|Coffee/Esspresso||2 Cup (32 tbs), freshly brewed, divided|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Lady finger cookies||25 (as required)|
|Cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1042 Calories from Fat 694
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g120.5%
Saturated Fat 44.4 g222%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 535.4 mg
Sodium 200.1 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.4%
Sugars 48.5 g
Protein 17 g34.3%
Vitamin A 60.9% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 35.1% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a bowl and add the egg yolks and sugar. Mix well all together.
2. Double boil the mixture whisking continuously till warm and all sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and add the cream cheese. Blend properly.
3. In another bowl, beat the whipping cream separately till it forms stiff peaks. Add 2 tablespoons of coffee, rum and vanilla extract. Mix well.
4. In a separate bowl take the 5 egg whites and beat well till it forms stiff peaks.
5. Mix the egg yolk mixture and the whipping cream. Slowly add the stiff egg whites fold it into the whipped cream mixture till well combined and fluffy.
6. TIRAMISU: Dip each ladyfinger biscuits into the remaining coffee and in a serving dish, place them as a single layer. Spread the whipping cream mixture over it. Make one or 2 more such layers as desired.
7. Sprinkle some cocoa powder and chill for 4 hours.
8. In a serving plate, slice and serve the tiramisu chilled.