- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tiramisu Recipe Video
|Lady finger cookies||15 Ounce|
|Eggs||6 Medium (separated from the yolks)|
|Espresso coffee||1 Cup (16 tbs) (sweetened espresso)|
|Sugar||120 Gram, divided|
|Mascarpone cheese||500 Gram|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 532 Calories from Fat 326
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.5%
Saturated Fat 18.9 g94.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 235.5 mg78.5%
Sodium 124.2 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.5%
Sugars 23.7 g
Protein 16 g32.6%
Vitamin A 22.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 25.5% Iron 33.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedMixing bowl
1. Separate the egg yolks and egg whites, place the egg yolks in a mixing bowl add half of the sugar and using a hand blender, beat until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Once done add the mascarpone cheese and mix well.
3. In another bowl beat the egg whites with the remaining sugar, beat until it doubles in volume and stiff peaks are formed.
4. Gently fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture, until everything is well incorporated.
5. Soak the lady finger in the espresso and line then in the dish; cover it with the custard, spread evenly.
6. Sprinkle cocoa powder and then arrange the second layer of ladyfinger, follow the same steps, final layer will be of custard and a good sprinkle of cocoa powder.
7. Once done let the tiramisu rest in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
8. Serve the tiramisu after a hearty meal.
If you have layered the ladyfinger horizontally in the first layer, then for the second layer arrange it vertically