- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Chutney Recipe Video
|Cranberry||4 Cup (64 tbs), picked and stemmed|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Apple||2 Medium, peeled, cored, diced (granny smith apple)|
|Bosc pear||2 Medium, peeled, cored, diced|
|Yellow onion||1 Small, diced|
|Golden raisin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crystallized ginger||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), diced|
|Hazelnut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted (skin removed)|
|Cinnamon stick||2 Medium|
|Whole clove||6 Medium|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Calories 367 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.8%
Saturated Fat 0.35 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 202.1 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 73.7 g
Protein 2 g4.1%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 20.9%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Bring water, spices, salt, sugar and cranberries to boil over medium heat.
2. Stir frequently for about 10 minutes, until cranberries “start to pop”.
3. Once cranberries begin to pop, reduce heat so mixture simmers
4. Add rest of fruit and stir frequently until mixture thickens (another 10-15 minutes)
5. Remove from heat and stir in hazelnuts.
6. Cool to room temperature – remove cinnamon sticks and cloves.
7. Serve in a bowl.
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website