- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Spanish Alfonso XIII Paella Recipe Video
|Rotisserie chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||8 Tablespoon (1/2 cup)|
|Eggplant||8 Tablespoon (1/2 cup)|
|Onion||8 Tablespoon (1/2 cup)|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|White rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Artichoke||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chickpea||8 Tablespoon (1/2 cup)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 735 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.6%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 209.2 mg
Sodium 3767.4 mg157%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.9 g55.8%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 70 g139.9%
Vitamin A 38.8% Vitamin C 89.3%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 34.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pan over medium and add some olive oil.
2. Spread the oil and let it boil to smoking point.
3. Add red pepper, egg plant and onion into the oil.
4. Stir-fry the vegetables for about 5 minutes. Add more olive oil if required.
5. Sprinkle some sea salt generously over it.
6. Sprinkle a teaspoon of paprika over it.
7. Add a cup of white rice over it. Stir well to mix with vegetables.
8. Pour 3 cups of broth over it. Stir well.
9. Add few strands of saffron into it.
10. Add the shrimps into it.
11. Add the chicken and mix well.
12. Simmer for 15 minutes.
13. Add frozen artichoke hearts and mix well.
14. Cover with a lid and cook over simmering heat for 15 minutes.
15. Add the chickpeas over it and cook until bubbling.
16. Add few tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley.
17. Sprinkle some kosher salt and oregano over it.
18. Sprinkle some paprika and olive oil over it. Stir well to mix.
19. Cover and cook again for 5 minutes.
20. Serve hot.