- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe Video
|Pecorino romano cheese||100 Gram|
|Guanciale/Smoky bacon||5 1⁄2 Ounce, dice|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 767 Calories from Fat 442
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g74.7%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g81.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 280.3 mg
Sodium 840.2 mg35%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.07 g0.27%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 21 g41.2%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 19.6% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge pot
1. In a large pot, boil the spaghetti in salted water until al dente.
2. In a pan sauté the guanciale with olive oil, once they are nice and crispy remove from heat and let it cool.
3. In another bowl combine the egg yolks and the whole eggs, whisk until well incorporated.
4. Add the pecorino cheese and mix well, season it with black pepper, add little of the pasta water if needed.
5. Add the guanciale and mix everything well.
6. Drain the water from the pasta and add the spaghetti to the sauce, sauté and coat the spaghetti with the sauce.
7. Serve the spaghetti carbonara hot along with a slice of crusty garlic bread.
Do not add a lot of salt in the pasta water.
Add the pasta water incase the sauce is too dense.