- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Holiday Shortbread Cookie Recipe Video
|Unsalted butter||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1 pound)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
Calories 522 Calories from Fat 289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.6%
Saturated Fat 20.6 g103.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86 mg28.7%
Sodium 166.8 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 16.8 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 20% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.7% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 275ºF.
2) In a stand mixer bowl, add the butter and sugar, mix on a low speed for 1 to 2 minutes.
3) Add salt into the flour, turn into the mixer bowl and mix until the flour is just incorporated and comes together.
4) Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness.
5) Cut out circles with a cookie cutter and place on parchment lined baking sheets.
6) Prick surfaces with a fork to avoid bubbling during baking and freeze until firm for atleast 20 minutes.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes until golden on the bottom and pale to golden on top.
8) Remove the shortbread cookies and allow to cool on wire rack.
9) Serve the shortbread cookies on cooling or store in an airtight container until needed.