- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Roast A Turkey Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, peeled cut in large chunks|
|Oranges||2 Medium, cut in half|
|Sage leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 579 Calories from Fat 272
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.6%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225 mg
Sodium 279.2 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 65 g129.4%
Vitamin A 55.6% Vitamin C 38.7%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 25%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedPastry brush
1. Defrost the turkey about 2 to 3 days in advance, place in in refrigerator to defrost.
2. On the day of cooking, take the turkey out of refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
3. Wash and clean the turkey, remove giblet and pat it dry.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
5. Place the turkey on a baking dish, breast side up.
6. Drizzle olive oil all over the turkey, sprinkle with salt and pepper and brush the bird spread the seasoning all over.
7. Break celery and carrots in large chunks, dice the onion and put the vegetable in the baking dish around the turkey.
8. Sprinkle the vegetable with salt and pepper.
9. Put the turkey in the oven and roast it until the internal temperature reaches 170 F, while toasting add in 2 cups of water to the baking dish and add more later if needed.
10. Remove the turkey out of the oven, transfer to other plate allow to sit and cool slightly.
11. Garnish the turkey by placing orange halves and sage leaves around the turkey.
12. Carve the turkey and serve hot.
Do not discard the giblet use it to make giblet gravy.
Use the dripping and liquid from the baking dish to make giblet gravy.