- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Potato Salad Recipe
|Potatoes||2 Pound (About 6 In Number)|
|Mayonnaise||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Thinly sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet pickle||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped / relish|
Calories 724 Calories from Fat 491
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.1 mg
Sodium 908.4 mg37.9%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.3%
Sugars 12.7 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 79.2%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a covered saucepan, cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 20~25 minutes (until just tender).
2) Drain the potatoes and once cooled, peel and cube them.
3) Separately, mix the dressing of mayonnaise, mustard (if desired), salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
4) Combine the celery, onion, and sweet pickle or pickle relish.
5) Now, add the cooked potatoes and toss it lightly for uniform coating of the dressing.
6) Keep it covered and let it chill for 6 to 24 hours.