- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Potato Salad Recipe
|Potatoes||2 Pound (About 6 In Number)|
|Mayonnaise||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Thinly sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet pickle||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped / relish|
|Eggs||6 , hard-cooked and coarsely-chopped|
Calories 833 Calories from Fat 558
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.5%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 366.3 mg
Sodium 1017.6 mg42.4%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 15 g29.9%
Vitamin A 40.3% Vitamin C 83.7%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a covered saucepan, cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 20~25 minutes (until just tender).
2) Drain the potatoes and once cooled, peel and cube them.
3) Separately, mix the dressing of mayonnaise, mustard (if desired), salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
4) Combine the celery, onion, and sweet pickle or pickle relish.
5) Now, add the cooked potatoes and hard-cooked eggs and toss it lightly for uniform coating of the dressing.
6) Keep it covered and let it chill for 6 to 24 hours.
7) Line a large bowl with lettuce leaves.
8) In the lined bowl, spoon in the salad made and if desired, sprinkle with paprika for taste.