- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Penne Arrabbiata Recipe Video
|Penne pasta||14 Ounce (ridged variety is best)|
|Parsley||4 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Tinned tomatoes||12 Ounce, chop|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chop|
|Fresh chilli pepper||2 Small, chop|
|Pecorino romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Calories 571 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.5 mg1.8%
Sodium 279.7 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 16 g31.4%
Vitamin A 37.8% Vitamin C 57.7%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge pan
1. Chop the garlic, chilies and the tinned tomatoes, set aside.
2. In pan sauté garlic and chilies for about a minute, add the tomatoes and let it simmer for some time.
3. In the meantime boil the pasta in salted water, cook the pasta al dente.
4. Drain the pasta when done and add the chopped parsley to the sauce, mix it together and then add the pasta, toss the pasta with the sauce and coat it well.
5. Serve the penne arrabbiata hot, sprinkle some grated pecorino cheese.