- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Madeleines Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (unbleached)|
|Cake flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Zest of lemon||1|
|Melted butter||4 Tablespoon, cooled|
|Cooking spray||6 Dash|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 191 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.4%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118.4 mg
Sodium 57.3 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.96 g3.8%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Grease the Madeleine mold with cooking spray and flour it generously. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl sift flours and salt together. Whisk and set aside.
4. In bowl of electric mixer add yolks with whole egg and beat on until light yellow and fluffy (about 5 minutes on high speed if using hand mixer, about 3 minutes if using heavy-duty mixer).
5. Add sugar, zest of lemon and vanilla and continue to beat until a ribbon drops from beaters (about 5 minutes with hand mixer, 3 minutes with heavy-duty mixer). Gently fold in flour mixture in batches. Pour the butter and continue to fold it in till combined.
6. Spoon batter into molds just until the rim.
7. Bake until tops are golden and cakes spring back when pressed lightly, about 10 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let it cool for a few minutes before transferring onto a plate.
9. In a serving plate, arrange the madeleines, dust them with powdered sugar and serve warm with tea or coffee.
These can be stored in airtight container up to 3 days or frozen up to 1 month.