- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Macaroni And Cheese Recipe
|Elbow macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded mild cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, divided (2 Cups, Classic Or Fancy)|
Calories 608 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49%
Saturated Fat 17.9 g89.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.5 mg
Sodium 649.3 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 26 g51.1%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 53.5% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Follow package direction to cook macaroni. Drain water.
3) In medium saucepan, melt butter and sauté onion, if desired, about 5 minutes or until tender.
4) Add flour, salt and pepper to stir.
5) Slowly add milk and cook by occasional stirring, until thickened.
6) Remove from heat.
7) Fold in 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese and stir to melt the cheese.
8) Mix the cooked macaroni with cheese sauce.
9) Use a 1 1/2-quart casserole to place the mixture by topping with remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese.
10) Place inside oven to bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is golden brown.
11) Serve the macaroni and cheese by garnishing with additional cheese, if required.