- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Cream Tart Recipe Video
|Butter||18 Tablespoon (1 cup + 2 tablespoons)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , thawed|
|Flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|For lemon cream filling|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), freshly squeezed|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For whipped cream|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1314 Calories from Fat 767
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g134.2%
Saturated Fat 53.2 g266.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 439.3 mg
Sodium 208.9 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g41%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 64.6 g
Protein 15 g29.6%
Vitamin A 57.9% Vitamin C 21.2%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. DOUGH: In a mixer add butter, salt and sugar. Beat it till creamy for around 3 minutes.
2. While the mixer is running, add the eggs one after the other, making sure to incorporate each egg before adding the next.
3. Put the flour and mix until it forms dough. Scrape the sides of the mixer and continue to mix till all combined. Wrap in a plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for around 2 hours.
4. LEMON CREAM: In a bowl, add eggs, egg yolk, sugar, lemon juice anjd salt. On a double boiler on medium heat, place the bowl and stir continuously till the mixture thickens. Takes about 12 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and let the lemon cream cool for 5 minutes.
6. In a blender or using hand mixer, slowly blend the butter 1 tablespoon at a time and incorporate each addition before adding the next.
7. Cover with a plastic wrap and put in the fridge for around 1 hour.
8. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
9. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll to 8 inches. Place it in the tart mould and refrigerate for another 15 minutes.
10. Bake in the oven for 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
11. WHIPPED CREAM: In the blender add heavy cream and sugar. Whip till the cream is stiff.
12. Remove the tart shell from the mold and pour lemon cream.
13. In a serving plate, serve the tart garnished with whipped cream.