- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Italian Tortellini Recipe
|Fettucini alfredo||5 Ounce (1 Packet, Pasta Dough)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Ricotta cheese/Cream-style cottage cheese||1 Pound (1 Carton)|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Tomato sauce||30 Ounce (2 Cans Of 15 Ounce Each)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 491 Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.1%
Saturated Fat 14.2 g71%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.5 mg31.5%
Sodium 561.2 mg23.4%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 26 g51.1%
Vitamin A 111.2% Vitamin C 53.1%
Calcium 24.1% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut out dough with a 3-inch round cutter. (You will get about 96 rounds.)
3. Press all water out of spinach and drain on paper toweling. Combine spinach, ricotta or cot-tage cheese, salt and nutmeg in a small bowl. Place 1/2 teaspoon on each round; fold in half and press edges tightly together to seal and twist into a crescent shape. Continue until all rounds are filled. (You will have extra filling.)
4. Cook pasta, 24 at a time, in a large kettle of boiling water, to which 2 tablespoons salt and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil have been added, 10 minutes, or just until tender; drain.
5. Press ground beef into a large patty in a large skillet. Brown on one side for 5 minutes; turn and brown 5 minutes on second side. Drain off excess fat and chop into tiny pieces. Stir in tomato sauce and wine. Simmer 10 minutes.
6. Layer pasta, remaining filling and tomato mixture in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
7. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 30 minutes, or until casserole is bubbly-hot.