- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Home-Made Marinara Sauce Recipe Video
|Canned diced tomato||29 Ounce (2 cans)|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 can)|
|Garlic cloves||3 , peeled|
|Basil leaves||15 , torn|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Dried oragano||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||2 , finely chopped|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 708 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.3%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1592 mg66.3%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37%
Dietary Fiber 25.6 g102.3%
Sugars 22.2 g
Protein 24 g48.2%
Vitamin A 202.5% Vitamin C 210.4%
Calcium 49.5% Iron 109%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor place diced tomato, tomato paste, garlic cloves, basil leaves, salt and pepper, oregano and blend to get a smooth texture.
2. In a shallow skillet, heat some olive oil on medium to high heat and add shallots.
3. Cook until the shallots turn translucent, add the tomato mixture, stir for a minute and pour in the wine. Add pepper flakes, some more salt and pepper and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Grate the parmesan cheese on top of the sauce and stir. Allow to cool.
5. Store in a jar for future use.
5. Serve wit your favorite pasta or meat balls.