- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Green Peas Continental Recipe
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), halved|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh peas/2 cups (from 1 1/2 pound bag) frozen peas||2 Pound, shelled for 2 cups|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1188 Calories from Fat 439
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.9%
Saturated Fat 17.7 g88.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg
Sodium 2044.9 mg85.2%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.8%
Dietary Fiber 47.8 g191.1%
Sugars 52.8 g
Protein 55 g109.2%
Vitamin A 154.1% Vitamin C 607.9%
Calcium 25.3% Iron 85.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Shell the peas, if fresh ones are being used.
2) In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter or margarine with garlic.
3) To the pan, add mustard, peas, salt and water.
4) Cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes or until peas are tender, while stirring continuously.
5) Remove the garlic from peas.
6) In a heated serving dish, spoon the peas and garnish with pine nuts.