- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic French Vinaigrette Recipe Video
|Garlic clove||1 Medium|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon (grainy)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2907 Calories from Fat 2870
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 325 g499.5%
Saturated Fat 44.8 g224%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1955.8 mg81.5%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 0.93 g1.9%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Smash a clove of garlic and chop finely.
2) In a bowl, combine the chopped garlic, grainy dijon mustard and red wine vinegar together.
3) Whisk in the olive oil in a steady stream until nicely blended.
4) Season with a little salt and pepper to taste.
5) Use the French vinaigrette for salads or as desired.
For a slight variation in flavor, add sugar or honey for sweetness or add some chopped shallots or fresh herbs of your choice.