- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
|Dry fettuccine||3⁄4 Pound (Uncooked)|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ground white pepper||1 1⁄2 Dash (Generous Dash)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 1⁄2 Dash (Generous Dash)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||3 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh italian parsley sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
Calories 715 Calories from Fat 361
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.9%
Saturated Fat 24.5 g122.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.9 mg
Sodium 597.7 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 20 g40.8%
Vitamin A 62.8% Vitamin C 50.3%
Calcium 29.9% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Use a large pot of boiling salted water to cook fettuccine for 6 to 8 minutes just until al dente.
2) Remove from heat. Drain excess water and return to dry pot.
3) In a large, heavy skillet, melt butter and cream over medium-low heat. Cook until the mixture bubbles. Cook and stir couple of minutes more.
4) Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
5) Remove from heat.
6) Slowly add cheese to blend thoroughly and smoothly.
7) Return back to heat for few seconds to blend the cheese completely if necessary. (Do not let sauce bubble or cheese will become lumpy and tough.)
8) Spread the sauce on top of the fettuccine in pot. Stir and toss well over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes until sauce is thickened and fettuccine is evenly coated.
9) Sprinkle with chopped parsley just before serving.