- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Egg Salad Sandwiches Recipe Video
|For the egg salad|
|Hard boiled eggs||6 , peeled|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Dukes Mayonnaise is preferred. Reserve one tablespoon for later)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dill relish||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sweet relish||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Paprika||To Taste (Optional)|
|For the sandwich|
|Sandwich bread slice||4|
|Lettuce||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), chopped (Optional)|
|Tomato||1 , sliced (Optional)|
|Red onion||1 , sliced (Optional)|
Calories 426 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.6%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 496.5 mg
Sodium 619.1 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 19 g37.4%
Vitamin A 61.9% Vitamin C 31.7%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 77.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl mash the eggs and add the mayonnaise. Mix well till combined.
2. Add dill relish, sweet relish, parsley and onion powder. Continue to mix well.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste .
4. On a sandwich bread slice, spread the egg salad generously. Sprinkle paprika if desired.
5. Place lettuce, tomato, and red onion if using. Cover with another sandwich bread slice and cut it into half.
6. In a serving plate, serve the sandwich with fruits, fries or chips.