- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Egg Challah - Part 4 : Baking the dough Recipe Video
|Flour||12 Cup (192 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Rapid rise yeast||4 Tablespoon (4 Packages)|
|Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8731 Calories from Fat 2413
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 273 g420.5%
Saturated Fat 28.6 g143.1%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 1268.9 mg
Sodium 9203.3 mg383.5%
Total Carbohydrates 1324 g441.2%
Dietary Fiber 53.1 g212.4%
Sugars 160 g
Protein 216 g431.4%
Vitamin A 29.2% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 43.3% Iron 473.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1) Divide the dough into 4 pieces.
2) Then roll each part well. Make strands from it.
3) The longer the strand the better it is.
4) Then start braiding as shown in the video or as desired.
5) Place it on a baking pan and brush the dough with egg wash.
6) Bake in the oven till it becomes golden brown.
7) Once baked remove from the oven and let it cool for some time.
8) Serve with the desired dish. Enjoy!