- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Egg Challah - Part 2 : Braiding the Rolls Recipe Video
|Flour||12 Cup (192 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Rapid rise yeast||4 Tablespoon (4 Packages)|
|Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8731 Calories from Fat 2413
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 273 g420.5%
Saturated Fat 28.6 g143.1%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 1268.9 mg
Sodium 9203.3 mg383.5%
Total Carbohydrates 1324 g441.2%
Dietary Fiber 53.1 g212.4%
Sugars 160 g
Protein 216 g431.4%
Vitamin A 29.2% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 43.3% Iron 473.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Divide the dough into 2 halves.
2) Make each half into a round shape.
3) Make 6 pieces from each half of the dough.
4) Make thin long strips from these 6 pieces.
5) The braid the dough as shown in the video.
6) Place the braided rolls on the baking pan and brush some egg wash over it.
7) Similarly braid the remaining dough in another style as shown in the video.
8) Then brush the egg wash over it
9) Set them aside till it doubles in size.
10) After it doubles in size it will be baked.