- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Cream Cheese-Chive Biscuits Recipe Video
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 stick)|
|Self rising flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Snipped chives||1 Tablespoon (fresh)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooking oil spray||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.1%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.6 mg
Sodium 752.6 mg31.4%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.06 g0.25%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 5 g10.8%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
2. Grease a shallow baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine self rising flour, cream cheese, and butter. Using pastry blender or fork, cut cream cheese and butter and mix until crumbly.
4. Add snipped fresh chives and stir in milk, just until flour mixture is moistened.
5. On a lightly floured surface, place the dough and knead 6-8 times or until smooth and glossy.
6. Sprinkle more flour on work surface and using a rolling pin roll the dough into a ½-inch thick sheet.
7. Use a 2-inch cutter to cut rolled dough into biscuits and place them on a greased shallow baking pan.
8. Pop the pan in oven and bake for 8 -10 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Serve immediately and enjoy!