- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Homestyle Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe Video
|Corned beef brisket||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic clove||1 , mince|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, quartered|
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 Medium, cut into 4 quarters|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs) (as needed)|
Calories 285 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.7%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.7 mg
Sodium 191.6 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.4%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 26 g51.5%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 27.8%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a Dutch oven or large pot, place corned beef brisket, including the juices, if any. You may also use the spice mix which comes along with the beef in the packet, if desired.
2. Add minced garlic and quartered onion.
3. Pour water until it covers the beef. Cover the pot with lid and place it over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 2 hours or 50 minutes per pound.
5. Transfer meat to a platter and cover it with foil to keep warm.
6. Skim off the fat and debris from the liquid and add cabbage quarters to the pot. Simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Slice beef across the grain into ½-inch thick slices.
8. To serve garnish a large platter with the fresh outer leaves of the cabbage, place the sliced corned beef in the center of the platter, and surround it with cooked cabbage.