- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ceviche: Southeast Asian Inspired Ceviche Recipe Video
|Swai fillets||2 Pound|
|Shrimp||2 Cup (32 tbs), cleaned, de-veined and cut lengthwise|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), roughly chopped|
|Thai chilies||10 , sliced thinly|
|Purple onion||1 Medium, slivered|
|Limes||7 , juiced|
|Lemons||2 , juiced|
|Orange||1 , juiced|
|Grapefruit||1 , juiced|
|Lemongrass stalks||3 (3 knots)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic cloves||6 , chopped|
|Avocado||1 , halved and pith removed|
|Tomato||1 , halved and cored|
|Cucumber||1 , cut lenghtwise and seeded|
|Corn tortillas||2 , Pan fried (or more)|
|Olive oil/Sesame oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Sambal sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 283 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.6%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.8 mg
Sodium 238.3 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 28 g56%
Vitamin A 25.3% Vitamin C 83.6%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using sharp knife, cut the Swai fillets into half inch pieces put on bias set aside.
2. In a Pyrex baking dish or any rectangular baking dish, put the fish and pat it down in bottom with your hands.
3. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle the fish with Thai red chilli.
4. Put in layers, silvered onions, garlic, cilantro and lemongrass knots over the fish.
5. Stream the fruit juice all over the fish, enough to cover the layers.
6. Cover the dish and put it in refrigerator for about 2 ½ hours.
7. In a halved and stoned avocado, fill the ceviche and place it on serving plate.
8. Cut the cucumber lengthwise, remove the seeds and fill with ceviche.
9. Cut the tomato lengthwise,remove the seeds and fill with ceviche.
10. Toast the tortilla, spoon the ceviche in centre and fold.
11. Serve with some sambal sauce drizzle of olive oil, if desired.