- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bean and Pasta Soup Recipe Video
|Smoky bacon||3 1⁄2 Ounce, cubed|
|Tinned tomatoes||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Lard||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Carrot||1 Small, mince|
|Celery rib||1 Small, mince|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||1 Small, mince|
|Beans||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
Calories 1062 Calories from Fat 451
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.4%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27 mg9%
Sodium 865.9 mg36.1%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.8%
Dietary Fiber 18.3 g73.2%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 33 g66.1%
Vitamin A 45.6% Vitamin C 17.7%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 41.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSaucepan
1. Cut the bacon into cubes; mince the onion, carrots, celery and garlic, set aside.
2. Boil water for the pasta and cook the pasta half way.
3. In a pan brown the pancetta in olive oil, add the beans, cook the beans until soft, add broth if beans begin to dry up.
4. In another pan melt the lard and sauté the onion, carrots, celery and garlic, cook until golden brown.
5. Add the tomatoes and mix well, add the beans to the vegetables and add little broth, let everything cook for few minutes.
6. Add the pasta to the bean mixture and cook it until the pasta is cooked al dente.
7. If it begins to dry add broth and stir everything well, sprinkle pepper before serving.
8. Serve the bean and pasta soup hot along with Italian bread