- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
American Muffin Recipe Video
|Baking powder||16 Gram|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Small|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 631 Calories from Fat 251
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.8%
Saturated Fat 17 g84.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 169.6 mg
Sodium 525.4 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 35.8 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 18.1% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 27% Iron 20.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedStand mixer
Muffin paper liners
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Prepare a muffin tray and line it with the paper muffing liner.
3. In the stand mixer bowl combine the butter, sugar and pinch of salt, blend until the sugar is creamed with the butter and it’s smooth.
4. Add the eggs and lemon zest and continue blending.
5. In separate bowl shift flour, baking powder and baking soda.
6. Add the shifted flour mixture and the milk little at a time into the running mixer.
7. Once done pour the batter into the muffin tin and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
8. Once done remove and let it rest on a cooling rack.
9. Sprinkle some powdered sugar and serve.
10. Serve the muffin along with a glass of hot chocolate.