- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Clams In Black Bean Sauce Recipe
|Hard shell clams||24 Small|
|Fermented salted black beans||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Minced fresh ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||2 , thinly sliced|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chinese egg noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, drained (Thin)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro/Parsley||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16.1%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.5 mg
Sodium 466.3 mg19.4%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.4%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 16 g32.1%
Vitamin A 27.2% Vitamin C 22.9%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 60.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Using a stiff brush, scrub clams under cold running water, rejecting any shells that are not closing.
2) Wash beans kept in a sieve under cold running water and chop roughly.
3) Mix them with garlic and ginger and then hold them together to chop finely.
4) In a 5-quart pot, over medium heat, heat oil and sauté black bean mixture and onions for 30 seconds.
5) Mix in clams to coat.
6) Pour in chicken broth, sherry and soy sauce and reduce heat after bringing the mixture to a boil.
7) Simmer, covered for 5 to 8 minutes until clam shells open, discarding any clams that refuse to open.
8) Take 4 large bowls and divide noodles equally among them.
9) Top with clams and pour over broth.
10) Use cilantro to garnish each serving and serve hot.