- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Clam And Eggplant Casserole Recipe
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Clam juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Clams||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Stuffed olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1112 Calories from Fat 594
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g102.1%
Saturated Fat 33.2 g166.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 372.1 mg
Sodium 3089.9 mg128.7%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.7%
Dietary Fiber 18.9 g75.7%
Sugars 20.7 g
Protein 44 g87.8%
Vitamin A 70% Vitamin C 80%
Calcium 39.3% Iron 127.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a skillet and melt butter in it. Add flour and cook until mixture becomes smooth.
3) Add onion and seasonings.
4) Gradually stir in the milk and clam juice, stirring constantly.
5) Cook over low heat until mixture becomes thick, stirring constantly. Set aside and allow the mixture to cool completely.
6) Take another skillet and heat water in it. Add eggplants and cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
7) Add egg to the cooled white sauce and blend nicely.
8) Stir in eggplant, clams, olives and celery.
9) Take a 2 quart casserole and transfer the prepared mixture to it.
10) Sprinkle with bread crumbs and dot additional butter.
11) Bake for about 50 minutes.
12) Crumble bacon over top and garnish with parsley.