- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Clam Sauce Recipe Video
|Clams||2 Pound (or 3 cups, fresh)|
|Garlic cloves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Parsley||2 Cup (32 tbs), freshly cut|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1744 Calories from Fat 1055
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 120 g183.9%
Saturated Fat 39.8 g198.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 437.4 mg
Sodium 730.7 mg30.4%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.7%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 123 g246.2%
Vitamin A 290.7% Vitamin C 486.1%
Calcium 65.9% Iron 749.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Shuck the clams and clean the beard. Collect the clam juices while cleaning, through a strainer for the sauce.
2. In a pan, heat 4 tablespoons of oil and add 1/4 cup garlic.
3. Once the garlic is cooked, add the clam juice and 4 tablespoons of butter. Bring this to a simmer.
4. Add 1/4 cup parsley and simmer.
5. Add the 3 cups of clams and the rest of the parsley.
6. Add a dash of pepper and salt and 1 teaspoon of red pepper and stir and bring to light boil.
7. Serve the clams in buttery sauce over linguini pasta. Also great with crust bread
Put the clams in at the last minute since they don't need to be cooked for long. Overcooked clams tend to be rubbery and become bullets.