- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Clam Potato Chowder Recipe
|Potato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Minced clams||6 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Canned minced clams||6 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.3%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46 mg
Sodium 526 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.01 g0.03%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 23 g45.2%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 17%
Calcium 17.9% Iron 71.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a 4-cup measure and collect soup in it.
2) Into a soup can, drain clam juice, keeping aside the minced clams.
3) Make the can full with milk.
4) Mix this with soup and heat in microwave for 5 minutes on Medium, stirring once.
5) Stir in clams and then heat the mixture for 1-1/2 minutes on High until cooked well.
6) Season with salt and pepper.
7) Serve the chowder at once in soup mugs.