- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Clam Pie Recipe
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sesame oil/Safflower oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ice water||2 Tablespoon|
|Clam juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Diced potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 , diced|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Chopped clams||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Finely Chopped)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3004 Calories from Fat 879
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g153.8%
Saturated Fat 32.4 g162%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174 mg
Sodium 6004.9 mg250.2%
Total Carbohydrates 427 g142.2%
Dietary Fiber 49.8 g199.2%
Sugars 17.8 g
Protein 111 g221.8%
Vitamin A 237.5% Vitamin C 45.9%
Calcium 73.8% Iron 213.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the ice water a teaspoon at a time until dough clings together. Wrap in wax paper and chill.
3. To prepare filling, put the clam juice, potatoes, carrot, and onion in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until vegetables are barely tender, about 12 minutes.
4. Add clams, pepper, and kelp. Mix the flour with the cream and stir into the clam mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring until the mixture thickens cool.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
6. Divide the pastry dough in half and roll out one half between sheets of wax paper to fit a deep, 10-inch pie plate or casserole. Pour in the cooled clam mixture. Roll out the remaining dough between sheets of wax paper and use to cover the pie. Seal edges and cut a steam hole in the center of the top crust.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake until the pastry is done, about 30 minutes longer.