- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Clam Fritters Recipe
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Royal baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk/Clam juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated onion||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Melted shortening||1 Teaspoon|
|Fat/1 cup for deep frying||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for frying on griddle)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1567 Calories from Fat 671
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g114.9%
Saturated Fat 22.3 g111.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 547.5 mg
Sodium 2065.3 mg86.1%
Total Carbohydrates 158 g52.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 61 g122.7%
Vitamin A 34.2% Vitamin C 45%
Calcium 104.1% Iron 221.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a bowl and sift all the dry ingredients together.
2) Add onion, beaten eggs and shortening along with the liquid.
3) Chop the clams with the aid of a meat chopper after rinsing them.
4) Add them to the batter mixture.
5) Take a griddle and grease it well.
6) Alternatively take a frying pan and heat some deep fat in it.
7) Fry a spoonful of batter at a time.
8) Serve as required.