- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Clam Crisps Recipe
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Dash|
|Canned minced clams||7 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Bread slices||4 , crusts removed|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
Calories 596 Calories from Fat 289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.5%
Saturated Fat 19 g94.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147.8 mg
Sodium 422 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 33 g66.4%
Vitamin A 30.6% Vitamin C 41.2%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 176.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) In butter, sauté the onion till it is transparent.
3) Remove from the heat and stir in the Worcestershire sauce, flour and garlic powder.
4) Stir in the clams gradually and cook mixture over medium flame, stirring constantly, till it has thickened and is bubbly. Allow mixture to cool.
5) With a rolling pin, flatten the bread slices. Spread about 1 ½ teaspoons of filling on each side of the bread and roll in jellyroll fashion.
6) After cutting bread into thirds, place it on a greased cookie sheet with seam-side down.
7) Brush with the melted butter and bake in preheat oven for about 8 to 10 minutes or till the bread has browned lightly.
8) Serve hot.