- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Clam Chowder Recipe
|Onions/2 medium sized ones||1 Large, chopped|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Canned clams||1 1⁄4 Can (12.5 oz) (whole or minced)|
|Milk||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Smoked salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (optional)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (to thicken)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Calories 268 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.6 mg
Sodium 194.4 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.8%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 22 g43.1%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 36.1%
Calcium 25.3% Iron 72.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan cook onions, celery and potatoes in very little water until just tender (5 to 10 minutes boiling).
2. With scissors snip bacon in small pieces and fry not crisp.
3. Drain off fat, add to vegetables, add milk and bring to a simmer but do not allow to boil.
4. Add clams and nectar and snip whole clams if any with scissors.
5. Simmer slowly for 15 minutes and optionally add smoked salt for flavour.
6. Thicken with flour mixed with cold milk.
7. Serve with meats or pasta or as desired.